READ: Ephesians 3:14-21 (NIV)
14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
In just a few days, some of you are starting school. Some of you have already started and the struggle is REAL. You’re still scrambling to finish up your summer projects and secretly your fingers are crossed that your teacher will give an extension.
OR you’re that good student (the 1 out of 10) that did your summer project as soon as school was out and it’s been sitting in your backpack ready to go on the first day all summer. So instead of being nervous about your project being done, you’re excited to get back with your squad and catch up on what’s happened over the summer.
Either way, there’s a feeling of anticipation – or a better word, EXPECTATION – for the school year. You’re expecting this year to be ___________.
It all goes back to that phrase you’ve heard all summer, “Your perspective determines your outlook.”
This school year is going to be incredible, and we have a very real expectation that God is going to show up in your life, and in our church, in a way like no other before. We’re earnestly praying for the immeasurable to happen in our schools and eStudents.
Just to give you an idea of what we’re praying for expectantly:
• Our next EXCITE NIGHT is on November 12th, and we’re setting a goal of 150 students attending this event.
• By December 3rd (the 1st Saturday in December), we want to be averaging 50 students each week at our eStudents Experiences.
• By June 10, 2017, we want to be averaging 100 students each week at our eStudents Experiences.
• By December 2, 2017 (the 1st Saturday of NEXT December), we want to be averaging 200 students each week at our eStudents Experiences.
WHY? These are crazy numbers and they seem like they might be a challenge to achieve. BUT we’re confident that in our expecting great things and attempting great things, we will see God show up and bring this many students to our doors.
And it starts with you and I.
• When was the last time I invited somebody to church?
• Who is somebody that I can bring to eStudents next Saturday?
• I'm going to begin praying TODAY for _______ to come with me to eStudents/church.